Located at the junction of the Pomona and Orange freeways, Diamond Bar is primarily residential with shopping centers interspersed throughout the city. It is surrounded by the suburban communities, such as Brea, Walnut, Chino Hills, and Rowland Heights. Positioned in the southeastern corner of the San Gabriel Valley in eastern Los Angeles County, Diamond Bar is approximately 27 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles. Neighboring communities include Walnut, Rowland Heights, and Pomona. Diamond Bar is also adjacent to the Inland Empire region, with Chino Hills directly to the east, and to the south of Diamond Bar lie the cities of Brea and La Habra in Orange County.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Diamond Bar had a population of 55,544. The population density was 3,731.5 people per square mile (1,440.8/km²). The racial makeup of Diamond Bar was: 29,144 (52.5%) Asian; 18,434 (33.2%) White (21.3% Non-Hispanic White), 2,288 (4.1%) African American; 178 (0.3%) Native American; 106 (0.2%) Pacific Islander; 3,237 (5.8%) from other races; and 2,157 (3.9%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11,138 persons (20.1%).
Diamond Bar has 9 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 2 high schools, and 1 continuation high school in the Walnut Valley Unified School District. Diamond Bar also has four elementary schools and one middle school in the northern part of the Pomona Unified School District. The city is divided into two school districts. Those south of the power lines running through the city are part of the Walnut Valley Unified School District and in the northern portion are part of the Pomona Unified School District.
Schools in the Walnut Valley Unified School District:
- Collegewood Elementary School (Walnut)
- Castle Rock Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Evergreen Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Maple Hill Elementary School (Diamond Bar-Near Chaparral Middle School)
- Quail Summit Elementary School (Diamond Bar-Few miles down from Chaparral Middle School)
- Vejar Elementary School (Walnut)
- Walnut Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Westhoff Elementary School (Walnut)
- Suzanne Middle School (Walnut)
- Chaparral Middle School (Diamond Bar)
- South Pointe Middle School (Diamond Bar)
- Walnut High School (Walnut-Right across Suzanne Middle School)
- Diamond Bar High School (Diamond Bar-A few blocks down from South Pointe Middle School)
- Ron Hockwalt Academies-Continuation High School- (Walnut)
Schools in the Pomona Unified School District:
- Armstrong Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Diamond Point Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Golden Springs Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Pantera Elementary School (Diamond Bar)
- Lorbeer Middle School (Diamond Bar)
- California InterContinental University (Diamond Bar)
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Diamond Bar, Califorina", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.