is a suburb of Los Angeles located in the southwestern corner of San Bernardino County, California, United States. The city borders Los Angeles County on its northwest side, Orange County to its south, and Riverside County to its southeast. The city had a population of 74,799 at the 2010 census.
Chino Hills is home to the Vellano Country Club, a private golf course and housing development designed by golf champion Greg Norman, his first project in the Greater Los Angeles area. With home prices expected to exceed $2 million, Vellano was touted (as of 2005) as the most expensive housing development in the Inland Empire.
Chino Hills also includes the developed golf course development neighborhood of Los Serranos. Other large master-planned subdivisions without amenities include Woodview/Village Crossing, Gordon Ranch, LaBand Village, Butterfield Ranch, Rolling Ridge, Fairfield Ranch, and Payne Ranch.
Chino Hills is also the location of The Shoppes at Chino Hills. The mall features over 65 upscale stores and restaurants. The Shoppes is designed to be "Main Street Chino Hills" featuring the Chino Hills Government Center and Library in addition to retail outlets.
Chino Hills is served by the Chino Valley Unified School District
Junior high schools
- Hidden Trails - a California Distinguished School
- Country Springs - a California Distinguished School and a National Blue Ribbon School
- Eagle Canyon - a California Distinguished School
- Oak Ridge- a California Distinguished School
- Butterfield Ranch- a California Distinguished School
- Michael G. Wickman - California Distinguished School
- Chaparral - California Distinguished School
- Gerald Litel - California Distinguished School
- Rolling Ridge-California Distinguished School
- Canyon Hills Junior High - a California Distinguished School
- Townsend Junior High - a California Distinguished School
- Ruben S. Ayala High School - a California Distinguished School
- Chino Hills High School
- Boys Republic High School - a treatment center for troubled boys ages from 12 - 18.
- Loving Savior of the Hills
- Chino Hills Christian School
- Chino Hills Montessori School
Colleges and universities
- Oxford Preparatory Academy (located in Chino but Chino Hills residents may attend)
- Mirus Secondary School (grades 7th - 12th)
- Biola University (Satellite Campus)
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) - Closest 4-year public university.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Chino Hills, Califorina", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.